Nether Soccer's Youth Academy was created in 2004 to allow younger players interested in taking part in travel a chance to experience a lighter version of what the older travel players realize. There are two pathways for a player in the program:
1. U8 Travel Light Program - this is the best option for a player who wants to take part in a professionally run and organized, developmentally appropriate, year-round competitive and training program. This includes Fall, Winter and Spring Nether's Academy sessions plus several festivals (tournaments) and/or Friendlies in the Fall, Winter and Spring. All training sessions and festivals are professionally led and on local area fields. As well, all parents will have access to an age group website where they can easily see the annual program online, 24/7 and communicate with each other, the staff, professional coaches and the age group coordinator.
Our goal is to ensure we always have a well-run, easy to use, local program that develops interested 7-year-old players in a European styled program.
What this program isn't is a full travel soccer program, meaning all trainings will be in Wallingford and competitions will be in the Wallingford area. It also allows a player to take part in Intramurals if they wish and for sure to take part in another sport concurrently (in fact we encourage it!). This also allows players to play with their school friends and the local community with events like going to college soccer games (Widener and Swarthmore) and Strath Haven High School games and work as ball boys/girls, get to meet the players as well as a celebration event at a Union game in the Spring.
2. Nether United Intramural Academy-
Nether United is committed to promoting the enjoyment and development of players within the sport of soccer at all ages and abilities. Our Academy program will include several 6 week sessions throughout the season which will allow players the opportunity to learn the game of soccer from professional youth trainers.
Nether United Academy is a program for all 5-9 year old players designed for fun and learning the basic skills of the sport of soccer! Each player will receive a training t-shirt, and all sessions will include technical skill building from our curriculum, followed by fun soccer activities with a ball and free play which allows players to express their creativity and enjoyment for the game of soccer!
This program allos players to register 'as you go' and take part in any of the sessions Nether hosts throughout the year. These are the Fall, Spring & Winter Academy sessions. These invitations are sent out to all Nether families via email so a player can register for 1,2 or all 3 of them as their schedule permits. The Fall and Spring Academies are open to 5-9 year old children and the Winter Academy also adds sessions for Petite players, (ages 3-4 years old who are newer to the sport), also for 4-5 year old players in the Papoose co-ed sessions (these are for the younger players who have played before but are still Pre-K/K).
The sessions are limited to 20 children per age group, all sessions are led by professional youth trainers & will focus on individual technical skills, ending with a fun scrimmage where the little players can show off their new skills.
- Spring and Fall Sessions will run Fridays during the Intramural seasons.
- Locations: Fall and Spring Academies will be held at Summit School (101 Plush Mill Road) and Urban Fields (701 Harvey Road).
- Winter sessions are run weekend later afternoons at Wallingford/Media-area gyms.
For more information, contact email@example.com